Is restylane recommended for the nose tip?

I'd like to correct a post rhinoplasty ridge in the tip of my nose.

Restylane in the nose

A non-surgical nose job can be performed but special care must be utilized as this is an advanced injector technique.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane

Thank you for asking your question. Restylane works well for smoothing out irregularities of the nose. When performed by an experienced injector, it can be placed at the tip of the nose to improve the ridge.   Good luck, 

Nose tip filler and the Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

Dear Lindsaylou8:
This is difficult to answer without an in-person consultation. Fillers have many different properties and are injected a different levels of the tissue; over the cartilage / bone, in the fat layer, in the skin layer to create different effects. The ridge you speak of higher or lower, thinner or wider than the opposite side. 
Please seek the evaluation and recommendations of a talented, skilfull and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or ENT Facial Surgeon who understands the anatomy and the effects different fillers have in the Art of the Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty!
All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Restylane

I suggest seeing an expert any HA filler is "safe" in this area but this area is high risk for complications and needs an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane

It is possible to inject Restylane into the nose as a type of nonsurgical rhinoplasty.  I would recommend, however, that you seek the services of a board certified facial plastic surgeon that has experience with this type of treatment

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Injectable fillers like Restylane can be used successfully in non surgical rhinoplasty when used for the proper circumstances.  Injecting into the nasal tip can be performed with Restylane however, I would use extreme caution and only perform the procedure for very specific indications.  

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhino issue and filler

Sometimes filler is used to soften asymmetries or minor irregularities. Filler product like restylane is not a permanent product and will likely require use periodically.

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty

Restylane actually provides an excellent product makeup for injection into the nose for non-surgical rhinoplasty.  It is stiff enough to provide shape and doesn't swell as much as other products for this particular location.  That being said, the nasal tip is a very dangerous place to inject, especially post-rhinoplasty, and must be done with extreme care and by a professional.  Thinned skin in this area and improper filler placement can lead to skin and nasal tip necrosis.  I would recommend you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has experience with these treatments.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon