Would having a breast augmentation revision be a good idea? Worried they'll look worse. Not happy with my results.

Had my breast augmentation almost a year ago. I always noticed that the right side hit my arm when I move my arm and the left side didn't. Now I am noticing that the incision on the right breast is in the fold and the incision on the left is normal 1/2 inch above the fold. Contacted my surgeon and he said he could do a revision but it could make them worse. When I wear tops that have stripes I notice it and I don't like it. Not sure if this is normal! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Would having a breast augmentation revision be a good idea?

Ultimately, whether or not to proceed with revisionary breast surgery will be a decision that only you can make after careful consideration of the level of concern with the breast appearance versus potential risks/complications associated with the revisionary breast surgery contemplated.  Best to seek consultation in person with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of experience helping patients with revisionary surgery;  having your operation performed by such a surgeon will improve your  chances of success and decrease risks.  Best wishes.

Upload photos

then you may be able to get some answers form this website. without photos, no one on here will be able to tell you if something can possibly be fixed. best of luck

Breast Surgery

All surgery has risks but without photos to know the problem that's about all we can tell you at this time. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Is breast augmentation revision a good idea?

Thank you for your question. From what you describe, and without photo's, it isn't a difficult procedure to perform.  Typically, the lateral end of the right breast pocket can be closed so it can prevent the implant from gravitating under the arm pit.  I would meet with your PS and have him discuss what can be done , I am sure he or she would want you to be happy with your results. 

Chad Robbins, MD