Do I have tubular breasts and what can I do to correct them? (photo)

If I have tubular breasts what can I do to correct them? Is treatment available on the NHS or if not how much would this cost privately? Could I get corrective treatment without an implant as my breasts are already quite large. Any answers would be much appreciated, thanks in advance! x

How do you know if you have "tubular" breasts?

• Tubular breast is a naturally occurring shape of breasts where the base of the breasts on the  chest  is quite narrow, causing the overall all shape of the breast to be more in the shape of a narrow tube than a typical rounder breast. Tubular breasts are often smaller, and have a wide areola with a bulge of breast tissue just behind the nipple and areola. It is not  a disease state or a healthy risk, but many patient seek correction to have more equal, round or balanced size. 
  • In the picture you submitted it appears that you have some ptosis- meaning drooping of the shape, where the nipple is below the level of the fold under the breast.  You do NOT appear to have a tubular breast shape
  • Common treatments for breast ptosis, is a mastopexy, or breast lift, where skin is removed to create a higher, rounder shape. 
  • Scars are typically around the areola (the areaola size can be made smaller, usually near 4 cm in width), and an up and down scar as well. Sometime a scar underneath the breast is needed as well.
  • Tubular breasts often have tight, fiber bands creating the shape, and correction requires release of the tissue and implants. 
  • Meet with a plastic surgeon to learn more about breast lift surgery, and good luck! Most all of my patients who have had breast lift procedures have been extremely happy.  

Tubular breast s?

You really have more droopy or ptotic breasts than tubular and a breast lift/mastoexy would be best

Breast Lift

A breast lift would enable you to resize and reposition your areolas. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to talk about your concerns and your options.
All the best

Not tubular breasts

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  I would suggest that you will not get the position shape and symmetry that you would like with an implant

Breast lift needed

Hi , Thank you for your question and sharing the pictures . You don't have a tubular breast. It is just a sagging. you need breast lift only .

Tubular breasts

Thank you for your question.A simple solution to your problem would be a Mastopexy or breast lift. Your breasts are already a decent size, so a lift would help give them a rounder shape and elevate the nipple into the correct position. This would eliminate the tubular appearance they have now. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon