This is 2 months after my surgery am I going to need revision? Crooked nose (photo)

I'm aware that my nose is still healing and the tip still has some swelling but surely my nose shouldn't look like this, I'm wishing I never had it done my nose was symmetrical before the operation and I feel more down than before I had it done. I've shown my surgeon and he doesn't seem to show any concern just that it's still healing and you can't see it as much in person which is true but the whole point of this was to be more confident in photos. Any advice is appreciated

Not symmetrical

Thank you for your question and answers,  From the photo that you send your nose looks not symmetrical an not sure how ıt looked before the operation but it looks lıke you need more tıme for healıng after 6 months ıf the nose ıs not symmetrıcal you mıght need revısıon. do follow up with your surgeon.

Revision nose surgery

Thank you very much for sharing your story.

As you said the swellings still not resolved and it is inappropriate now to talk about options - if ever needed.

Of course revision surgery will be available to improve anything that did not go right and the technical details will become obvious only after the welling is completely down.

Having performed revision rhinoplasty for more than 10 years I tend to wait at least 9-12 months before confirming a plan of action. Until then you will need to be patient..

I wish you the best of luck,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - Recovery First

At 2 months, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD