Had CO 2 laser to eyes, should it have tightened by now? (photo)

I had CO 2 laser resurfacing to my upper and lower eyes 4 days ago. All healing nicely and skin is starting to flake off. It was very puffy for a few says then started turning a corner yesterday. I was expecting more tightening though, should this have already happened or will this happen from now on? Or will i need a few more sessions?

Had CO 2 laser to eyes, should it have tightened by now?

No. The vast majority of tightening from a CO2 (or Fractional CO2 ) laser resurfacing treatment typically begins weeks to months after the procedure and depends on the treatment settings, with effective settings usually results in 2-6 weeks of redness/pinkness after the procedure.  

The attached link provides more information.

CO2 Laser Healing and Collagen Building

Your CO2 treatment will lead to continued improvement of the collagen, elastin, and mucin in your skin. These changes have been shown by biopsies, chemical analyses, and visual inspection of treated skin. The healing process continues to build new, tighter, more elastic skin. 

CO2 laser

I am assuming you had a fractional CO2 laser like Fraxel.  In any case, 4 days is too early to assess any final result.  Rigt now, it is waiting for swelling to resolve and the inflammation to subside.  Talk to your sugeon and he/she will give you guidelines on the healing.

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon