Do I need a brow lift or upper eye surgery? (Photos)

Hi. I am 36 but have very heavy eye lids. It's starting to effect my confidence and I would like to rectify this. I am unsure whether I need a brow lift or upper eye surgery. Please could someone advise? Thank you.

Brow lift or blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos, you could consider a conservative browpexy if your concern is the shape of the brow...Otherwise the height of the brow seems adequate. A blepharoplasty would better define your eyelid crease and reduce the fullness. I recommend you seek out the opinion of an experienced board certified facial plastic or oculopastic surgeon. All the best to you. 

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper lid surgery and possibly a Brow lift

Your brows look fine. I would proceed with the eyelid surgery only

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift versus Upper Blepharoplasty?

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  Based on the pictures that you provided, your brow position is good.  Therefoe, I don't think that a brow lift is indicated.  I think you could benefit from an upper lid blepharoplasty to reduce the hooded upper lid skin and enhance the appearance of your eyes.  I would suggest that you seek a consultation with a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Oculoplastic Surgeon with extensive experience and expertise in facial rejuvenation and allow them to assess your individual anatomy, concerns, and goals, in order to determine the best treatment plan for you.  I wish you the best in achieving your aesthetic goals.

Michael Boggess, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid surgery versus a brow lift procedure

From the limited photographs presented, it appears that the position of the eyebrows is acceptable and not low, therefore a brow lift is unnecessary.  A conservative upper eyelid blepharoplasty procedure can accomplish rejuvenating  the upper eyelids and making them look less heavy.  For more information and many before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Brow or eye lift

Based on the photos, I think you need an upper lid blepharoplasty but would include an internal brow pexy should a physical exam reveal that this would be advantageous in terms of maintaining the result.

Eyelid surgery vs browlift

if you lift your eyebrows and you like the way that looks (without the wrinkles of your forehead), then perhaps a browlift might be better. If you find that your look unnatural and surprised, then best to go with an eyelid procedure for the excess skin. I usually tell young patients like you, though, that is if you are displaying symptoms of upper face drooping now, you will likely need both (blepharoplasty and browlift/forehead reduction) at some point in your lifetime. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Hooded eyelids

Thank you for asking your question and sharing your photo. It appears that eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty) is the best option. See an experienced specialist for in person evaluation and discussion of treatment options.  Good luck,

Brow lift or upper eyelid surgery

While it is not possible to be absolutely certain without a physical exam it appears that upper eyelid surgery is mainly what would be helpful in your case. Your brow position is fairly good and you have a high forehead so unless a physical exam were to reveal further information, a forehead lift would not be something I would do. However , keep in mind I do perform and endoscopic lift in about 90% of all patients requesting improvement in the upper eye region. You appear to be one of those rare patients where it is primarily an upper eyelid issue alone. Also it is important not to remove any fat from the upper lid but to redistribute it to preserve volume. 

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Upper eyelids or brow

It looks like you might benefit from an upper eyelid procedure or a brow lift. Best to be seen in person.

I would recommend upper eyelid surgery.

You need a structured microblepharoplasty.  Less is more.  You are already doing your own forehead lift.  Lifting the eyebrow higher will not move you in the right aesthetic direction.  On the video attached below is a woman with a brow similar to yours. You can see how surgery helped her.