Should I be revisiting my surgeon re my submuscular uplift and implants result 8 months post op? (photos)

Hi, I had my surgery in Jan this year. My surgeon told me due to the drop in my natural breasts he would never get them under my chin which was no issue for me anyway, I did not want them to look like they were stuck on but I never envisaged them looking like they do now. 6 weeks after surgery I loved them and now they have just completely dropped. I am not sure if the implants are too heavy but i feel like I have paid 6k for larger, just as saggy scarred breasts. Should I be disappointed??

Unhappy breast augmentation with vertical scar lift

I'm sorry you're not happy with your results. It's unfortunate this type of procedure is considered the standard for ptotic breasts as implants undoubtedly drop too far and leave women like yourself with larger droopier breasts as you have described. Please do not opt for larger breast implants as others have suggested. At this point a revision using your vertical scars may offer hope, however, it will be costly. Galaflex and other similar products are expensive and may or may not work. Adjusting the capsules may be the best option. Use of a strong bra 24/7 will help minimize future displacement of implants. Good luck to you,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Revision

Good evening!
They are still fairly low after your lift, so I think it would be very reasonable to approach your PS with your concerns and see if they will offer you a revision!I have attached a link to my Breast Augmentation Revision photo gallery for your review- hope it helps!

Revision

It is difficult to predict how a person's tissues will respond to a lift with implants.  You look like you could benefit form a revision, but you should expect to pay something to correct this.

Consider internal bra for implant support after breast lift

When the tissues have stretched so that the breasts drop enough to require implants and a breast lift, that often means that the implants will not be well-supported. The settling of your implants is normal, even if not what you like. An internal bra using a material such as Galaflex will provide long-term support.

Richard Baxter, MD

Concerns after breast augmentation/lifting surgery…

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. You have demonstrated your concerns nicely with the photographs. Based on your photograph and concerns, revisionary breast surgery will be necessary to improve your outcome. This may include the use of larger implants and/or  capsulorapphy ( adjustment of the breast implant capsules)  plus/minus the use of additional supportive material such as acellular dermal matrix or biosynthetic mesh.
 You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Revisit

I am assuming you had breast augmentation only. I'm not sure what a submuscular lift means. Based upon the anatomy of your breasts preoperatively, I think that is what I would have predicted as a result for breast augmentation alone. You might consider a true mastopexy at this point to get the breast higher. It is difficult for a breast that is low set to begin with to be able to hold up the weight of a large implant. So yes, it is worth a revisit to discuss the options

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon