What type of nose job should I get? (photos)

What kind of nose job should I get I do like the barbie nose style

Doctor Answers 9

Rhinoplasty Options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A rhinoplasty can be performed to create a nose that blends or fits with the surrounding facial structures. The best way to identify the approach and type of rhinoplasty you should undergo would be after a thorough conversation regarding your goals and concerns of your nose. After understanding these items, a customized rhinoplasty plan can be created for you.
In reviewing your pictures, you're an attractive young female. The tip of your nose is bulbous, your bridges wide, and the bridge is slightly crooked. A rhinoplasty to improve all of these features would create a better version of your current nose. Due to the shape of your tip, I believe you would most benefit from an open rhinoplasty procedure.
I hope this helps.

Closed Rhinoplasty candidate

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A closed rhinoplasty approach can address making the required changes to the nose which include straightening and narrowing the bridge line, refining/narrowing the bulbous tip, and shaving down a dorsal hump, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. For many  examples of narrowing a wide nose, please see the video and the link below

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 158 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
sarahbabe1d, there are so many variables that go into evaluating a nose that looking at 3 2D photos really makes it difficult to say much more than generalities. In general you would be a candidate for a closed approach with the goal of making your nose fit your face. See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and one that has many good photos to review on their web site. Search the Internet and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 55 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I think that you have to be very specific in your goals before undergoing a rhinoplasty.  Best to see a few surgeons for consultation.  Good luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

What type of nose job should I get?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello sarahbabe1d -Thanks for your question. It is my opinion that you would benefit from a rhinoplasty that straightens your nose, narrows the bridge, and refines the tip of your nose.  While you have what is known as a bulbous tip, I can't tell if you have thick nasal skin.  Excess cartilage in the tip of the nose can be surgically reduced to make a cuter tip, but this will be limited by how thick the skin is.  I recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty expert in your area for more information.Good luck,Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

Nasal tip refinement

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. From the limited images, it appears that your nose is deviated to your left side with a bulbous and unrefined nasal tip. It also seems that your nasal skin thickness is medium to thick, which has small limitations with regards to tip refinement. That said, without knowing any medical history, you might be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. I suggest you get a consultation with a rhinoplasty expert. I would suggest that you don't focus too much on "What kind of nose job you should get" and rather look at the actual results of the surgeon you like. If no before and after pictures are shown to you, that's a red flag. Best wishes!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 29 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 174 reviews

What type of nose job should I get?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 22 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You have a wide bulbous tip that could be fixed by reducing the size, and orientation of your tip cartilages.  With this and a slight dorsal reduction you should get a nice result.  Usually an open rhinoplasty is indicated.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.