I am booked for tunmy tuck 18 th January. I am 5.3. 179. Thinking off having lipo as well but scared it will be more painful

Tummy tuck with lipo

Hello dear, thanks for your question, dont think about how painful is going to be, think about how wonderful are going to be your final results, if you really need the liposuction to be combined wit the tummy tuck, do it, because you will have better results, the lipo is going to help to slim and reshape your body contour. Good luck :)

Candidate for Tummy Tuck and Lipo

Hi Mary68,

It is quite common to undergo and tummy tuck and lipo at the same time. The discomfort is very minimal, although you will notice some additional bruising which is temporary. The final results will be pleasing to you. Best wishes to you!

#tummytuck  #Lipo #multipleprocedures

Liposuction

With any surgery, there can be pain or discomfort.
Most patients do very well with liposuction.
If you need liposuction, I would get it at the same time as tummy tuck in order to have a better contour.
Please talk with your plastic surgeon.

Lipo plus tummy

I do the two together all the time and it depends on how much lipo but I don't think your pain will be that much greater.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Scared of lipo pain

Hi there.  We understand your concern with pain but adding liposuction to your TT usually does not cause significant pain. During the procedure your fat is filled with a dilute anesthetic fluid to minimize your discomfort. After surgery,  patients have some soreness but are relatively comfortable. The liposuction will almost always make a result even better. Good luck. 

Dr. B

Lipo with tt

Virtually every one of my patients gets liposuction with a TT.  So long as the surgeon is comfortable with the volume you represent you should consider it.

Mark Eberbach, MD

Liposuction does not add pain component to tummy tuck

If you need liposuction you should have it.  It will give better results.  Pain is not much of an issue with liposuction.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Most of my tummy tuck patients have it performed in combination with liposuction and do very well. It may minimally increase your discomfort temporarily, but the final contour should make it worthwhile to you. Good luck!

TT plus lipoplasty

I mostly combine the TT with lipoplasty to get the best results however it could increase the overall risk a lit bit. You will get more brusing but pain is not more than TT operation pain itself.

Syed Mashhadi, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

Having a tummy tuck along with liposuction is a frequent combination and, when performed carefully and correctly, adds very little discomfort to the procedure.

Malcolm D. Paul, MD