Will everyone receive results from coolsculpt? I have not seen any change in my three. Is there something wrong with me?

I had two large coolsculpting on abdomen vertically on both sides and a month later the large across my belly. Too date I have had no results and measurements are the same. Is there something wrong with me or the machine? I spent 4,000 dollars and not even1/4" loss on any part of abdomen. Should I go for more. If you have already frozen the cells in abdomen, why do you need more? I am so disappointed. I spent a lot of money to have had no results. Tape measure doesn't lie. What do you suggest I do?

Thank you for your question. It can take up to 3 months to see results from your treatment. If you are unhappy or are truly seeing no results after 3 months, I would recommend speaking to your provider about your concerns. Regards,

Unhappy with Coolsculpting Results - VASER HI DEFINITION REVISION

Cool sculpting improves the fat on the abdomen but 20% per treatment and often requires multiple applicators to be used to get contouring and a few treatments. If you are unhappy with your results consider a vaser hi definition procedure which gives much more contouring and shaping. I suggest a formal consultation with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat reduction after coolsculpt

It can take up to 3 months to get the full result from coolsculpt. This is how long it takes for the fat cells to die.

The reduction that you see in the areas that are treated should be up to 25-30% reduction.

Because of the slow reduction it can sometimes be hard to see the difference.

There could potentially be issues with the machine.

The first thing to do would be to go back to the place that you had this done and they should have done before shots for you to have a look at and compare.

Bernard Beldholm, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney General Surgeon

CoolSculpting works but only in the right candidates.

While I don't see any pictures on your question, I would hope you were a good candidate to begin with.  As a rule of thumb, you should be within about 10% (15% max) of your goal weight.  If you are over that level it can be done, but only in rare instances.  Otherwise, you may waste your money.

In any consult, the most important thing is to determine whether the patient is a good candidate and be honest about expected results.  Otherwise, situations like yours can occur.  

Additionally, it also comes down to diet and weight control after the procedure.  I would check in with the clinic that did this and see their thoughts on it.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting results

Hi Coolsculpting usually gives about a 20-25% reduction in the fat layer in the area it is performed. Its hard to quote a specific number of inches or cms that will be reduced because that answer differs depending on the person. In your situation, I would first ask if you saw a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in this procedure. Unfortunately, many places offer this procedure but they have little to no expertise in it. Second, I would recommend you followup with the place you were treated and see the physician in charge to discuss your results. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon