Not able to see in short distance after a LASIK surgery. Any suggestions?

I had a redo Lazik surgery 3 days ago in my right eye and I noticed that i cannot see well in close distance like reading a book or looking at my mobile, is this normal?, please help I'm anxious about it more info: i am 35 years old i had a keratoplasty because i have keratoconus 3 years after the keratoplasty i developed astigmatism, that's why id did the 1st lazik and 3 days ago i did a redo because the astigmatism has increased before the lazic a topography is done and the thickness is good

Recovery time

Since it has only been three days after your enhancement it is still too early to tell whether or not your near vision will clear up.  Your corneas are likely still swollen from the surgery, which may be contributing to your blurred vision.  Keep in mind, it may take anywhere from three to six months for your eyes to fully heal.  I would recommend that you continue scheduled eye exams with your surgeon so they can monitor your healing process.

San Francisco Ophthalmologist

Near vision after Lasik

First of all, it takes 3 months to completely heal from Lasik, so it is too soon to make any final determinations. However, when you decrease the nearsightedness in order to see better at distance you lessen the near vision. I expect your near vision to get better as you heal up.

Andrew Caster, MD
Los Angeles Ophthalmologist