Should I get a nosejob ? And specifically what kind ? (photos)

I've always thought I could improve on my nose, but could never exactly pinpoint the exact flaw to fix. Lately I've noticed that my tip has the biggest deformity, but I'm not sure wether I'm right or missing something. I would like to have a straighter and more flattering looking nose without changing the length of it. Should I get a nose job? And am I right to only focus on the tip or do other areas need work as well? Is my nose elegible for a surgery without the changes being too flagrant?

Should I get a nosejob ? And specifically what kind ?

Hello Sandwiche - Thanks for your question.  I think it is important for you to have a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist to better understand what changes you might want to make to your nose.  From what I can tell, you have a beautiful nose, so whatever you do, keep it minimal.  You may be a candidate for finesse rhinoplasty, and this is something that only certain rhinoplasty surgeons are good at.  Do your homework before you pick your surgeon.  I frankly prefer subtle rhinoplasty changes that harmonize the structures of a patient's face.  There are good rhinoplasty surgeons in California, but if you are willing to travel, you will find that you have more choice. As far as the type of rhinoplasty, I would recommend subtle changes to primarily the tip area.  Your nose is actually fairly straight now, so minor adjustments can be made to improve this slightly.  Very mild blending of the bridge would be helpful as well.  Anything more would be overkill. I hope this was helpful. Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish refinement of the nose which can include shaving down the dorsal hump refine the nasal tip and address some of the asymmetries. It is possible to leave the length of the nose the way it is.  Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose. For more information and many before-and-after rhinoplasty results, please see the video and the link below

Rhinoplasty candidate

Thanks for your question. Based on your photos, you would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. Your profile would benefit from a dorsal reduction and the tip could improve with a cephalic trim and suture techniques. Your tip projection may be dependent on your septum, so a columellar strut may be required once the dorsum is reduced. It is always important to seek out a surgeon with experience in rhinoplasty. While the techniques I described may be helpful in some ways - a picture is worth a thousand words. This is why I think it is important to use 3D imaging as a communication tool to ensure that the surgeon and the patient are on the same page. Good Luck!!

Jon Kurkjian, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Hump Reduction And Tip Plasty

Thank you for submitting your photos. From your photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty. In my opinion to achieve the desired result a hump reduction and tip plasty will make you happy.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would worthwhile. Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining  you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else.
I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. If you are still ambivalent about undergoing the procedure after having plastic surgery consultations, I would suggest that you not have the procedure until you are sure that you want to do it.
Robert Singer, M.D., FACS
La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a more attractive and feminine nose.

Rhinoplasty for a more attractive and feminine nose. If you see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses you should get a much improved nose that is natural looking. This would be hump removal and refinement of your tip etc. Look at the surgeons work and do not rely on imaging.