Painful lump under belly button after CoolSculpting?

I had coolsculpting procedure on my lower abdomen area 10 days ago and 3 days ago I have noticed a Lump under my belly button, it is painful and tender. Is this a common situation? Is this going away any time soon? I'm going to see my doctor today but have been looking for some answers online and have not found many people with similar issues.

Thank you for your question. It is still very early. The bump should resolve with some ice and massage. If it does not, please speak with your treating physician. Regards,

Hi and sorry to hear about your problem following coolsculpting. I suspect this lump will continue to resolve in time as it's only been a few days since treatment. Continue to ice the area and massage it and follow up with your coolsculpting practice.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Tender "lumps" after CoolSculpting

Swelling and pain are common side effects after the CoolSculpting procedure.  Some patients will notice tender "bumps" under the skin that usually fade away once all the swelling goes down.  Make sure you notify your Dermatologist.  She may recommend gentle massage or cool compress to the area.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Painful Lump After CoolSculpting

The inflammatory process triggered by the CoolSculpting procedure can result in areas of firmness or lumps where the treatment was done. This usually gets better with time. The important thing is that you make sure you don't have a hernia in the area of concern. You are doing the right thing by seeing your doctor. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Lumps after coolsculpting

After Coolsculpting or Vanquish treatments, we occasionally see lumps . These are due to a bunch of fat cells
melting together, causing a "fat necrosis " . The body absorbs these within a couple of weeks. I usually delay the treatments for a few weeks after this occurrence. Make sure you have your doctor examine these areas.

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon