Laser Treatment the next day of Hair Transplant (FUE)?

Is it true that having a wound recovery laser treatment the day after FUE procedure would make the results better? And would make the healing faster? Thanks

If you want to have a laser treatment the day after your surgery, it is best to ask your surgeon.

If you want to have a laser treatment the day after your surgery, it is best to ask your surgeon.  Your doctor would like to know.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Laser treatment for FUE recovery

most doctors have a post op regiment that they provide to their clients after hair restoration surgery. We do not use laser treament to expedite recovery or healing process. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant

When a hair transplant is well done, there is no need for any help to make it grow better. Good washing is the key to getting all of the crusts off. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing,.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon