1 month post-op, wanted Rhinoplasty result to be smaller and higher tip, will it improve? Should I check with my doctor?

Hello doctor i had my rhinoplasty 1 month ago and im not happy with the result i wanted a smaller and a higher tip with proportional degredation and not look that fake and the area before the tip is just big and bad and not going down by size proportionally . Im just pushing down that area with steri strip do you think i need to check my doctor ??? Please i just need to know if i have to be positive about it after you check the picture without telling me general answers .thanks alot

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.

In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Rhinoplasty

At one month out, your nose is likely swollen. Best to give it time to heal and then re-evaluate. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty tip, postop, swelling

Great question.  It is important to be patient after rhinoplasty.  Though most noses look pretty good 3 weeks after surgery, there is still always significant swelling that last much longer in the nasal tip than in the rest of the nose.  This residual swelling can stick around for months.

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. Your nose is still healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. You still have swelling which can cause the appearance of an enlarged tip. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon