Is genioplasty better than a chin implant? (Photo)

five months ago i did my chin implant surgery but still not satisfied by the result.when i was young i had an overbite.i think i had an underdevelopped lower jaw.my orthodentist made 2 teeth extraction and with the braces on he fixed my bite.later i went to another orthodentist who told me that the procedure was wrong and the malocclusions require a surgical procedure to reposition the jaw.but i was scared. do u think surgery can define my jaw and make it better than chin implant?

S genioplasty better than a chin implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is still a bit weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  There are many different sizes and shapes of chin implants, perhaps you should consider replacing your implant with an anatomical style chin implant that has more projection.

Hope this helps.