My teeth can get whiter after being stained? (after day 1 of whitening)

I started using home teeth whitening kits 3 days ago , on day 1 I noticed that my teeth are whiter than before, during the day I ate ketchup and mayo by mistake and forgot completely that lts harmful, afterwards I continued the procedure normally, on day 2 & 3 , I didn't notice any changes in my teeth anymore, they are the same and even worst than before, I felt that they were brighter on day 1 , does the results take more time to show? Or they will not get whitened more?

Simply continue to whiten your teeth and the results will show up. After eating food that may stain it never hurts to rinse with water.

Santa Monica Dentist