Lower Eyebags (Bleph) Revision Surgery?

Hi, I had my lower eyebags removed on March 15 this year. However 2 months later, I noticed that some of the bags in both eyes are still there. So, I am considering a revesion surgery to remove the rest. Is it safe to re-do the surgery (revesion) 4 months post the first surgery? If not, how many months should I wait to re-do it? Thanks

Lower Eyebags (Bleph) Revision Surgery?

Thank you for your question.  I would say to wait at least 6 months before proceeding with revision eyelid surgery.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty revision

I would recommend delaying revision for at least 6 months. This would assure nearly complete healing and will avoid unnecessary revision if things do improve over the next couple of months. If one waits until the tissues are softened completely, it is technically easier for the surgeon and the patient. Also, be cautious with revision as this may leave a gaunt, "skeletonized" appearance if too much tissue is removed or rearranged.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revision lower lid

Reem85, I would make you wait a year. You should have considered a "SOOF lift blepharoplasty" as it is much more predicatble than transferring lower eye lid fat to a place it doesn't belong. Try and find a surgoen familiar with this procedure. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision lower blepharoplasty possible

Need photo or examination to better tell you, however, in general, revision blepharoplasty can be done 3 months or later after the original surgery, safely. The best method is usually transconjunctival with fat repositioning. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hi Reem85,

i am am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. Depending on the cause of the recurrent "bags" and the technique of the original surgery, I would typically recommend 6 months of recovery before any further procedures be considered. A photograph before surgery and now would provide some better thoughts. Good luck!

Steven Couch, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Revision Surgery

Thank you very much for your question.  After 4 months post op, any residual swelling should have gone, however I would advise my patients to wait another month or two to make sure this is the case.  Please seek advice from your plastic surgeon so he can access and guide.

All the Best 

Now your story is complex.

You did a surgery you did not need to do.  Several surgeons on this forum advised you to have under eye fillers which would have been an excellent option for you.  Despite this sound advice, you choose to have a lower eyelid surgery with fat transposition.  Now you have a problem  that has persisted for 4 months.  In order to have an opinion on what might be reasonable for you (including more healing) a photograph of your current status would be very helpful.