Crooked nose or uneven swelling? (photos)

I have made my rhinoplasty 14 months ago , i had removal of dorsal hump , and enhancing the nose tip and straightening of the septum , it was pretty long operation. Right after the cast removable i liked the result , but a bit later i start to feel it crooked , or it is just uneven swelling, i dont know , by dr is in another country and i cant consult him , and i would like to know some experts opinions

Opinion on rhinoplasty results

Thank you for posting your question and photographs. It is always best to see your original surgeon if possible to discuss any concerns you have. Overall, I feel you have a nice improvement. However, if you are really bothered by the outcome then a discussion with another surgeon comfortable with revision nasal surgery is recommended. Whatever details that are available about the previous nasal surgery will usually be helpful to the consulting surgeon, but an in-person evaluation is most valuable. I hope this helps. Take care

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose or uneven swelling?

Thank you for your question.  It's unfortunate when someone doesn't get the result they were expecting from surgery.  Get a copy of your operative report and any surgical diagrams to share with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Of course changes can be made at this point but it's nice to see what has been done before making any recommendations.  You can sit down with the surgeon and explore the possibilities.  By empowering you with the right information you will feel confident to make the right choice for you.  Best of luck.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Your nose can change with time.  Based on the photos you have shared, you have a pretty nice result.  Since you have concerns, meet with your surgeon when he is back in the country in the event a minor revision is needed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Post-Operative Concerns

Thank you for your question.  Yes, with time you will see changes in the soft tissues of the nose after rhinoplasty.  I usually will say that anywhere from 6 months to one year post-operatively is a 'safe' time to evaluate your results.  It appears that you have healed very well after surgery.  I understand that your surgeon is out of the country, and I would discuss your concerns with him/her when they return.  I hope that this helps!
-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Evaluating your Rhinoplasty Results

Thanks for your post. Time does change the rhinoplasty result and appearance, but if everything stays as it is now for you, I would leave it alone. You have a nice result, but of course, nothing is ever perfect in plastic surgery. Overall, your results seem to demonstrate a nice, natural improvement. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon