Does acne come back after using Accutane?

Someone told me that acne does really come back after using accutane. How accurate is this? And are there any preventative measures to be taken to prevent acne? Or it only happens to a certain percentage of Accutane consumers?

Accutane and expectations

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, there is no cure for acne, and recurrence of acne after Accutane therapy is possible. Roughly about 1/3 of patients who take Accutane may have recurrence and need multiple cycles of treatment. However, during treatment, there are certain measures that can be done to maximize the efficacy of Accutane such as taking certain brands of Accutane with a fatty meal, finishing the entire course which is based on your weight, etc. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist regarding Accutane, your skin, and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.