What are my options for revision??? (photos)

I had my surgery almost exactly a year ago and I am NOT happy. I had specifically told my doctor that my biggest concern was my breast looking like "a sock full of rocks" aka saggy and without any upper fullness. My doctor assured me that it wouldn't be the case and my biggest concern is exactly what happened. I have 550cc above the muscle silicone round implants. If I did shaped or under the muscle would it fix it? Do I have to pay to fix it?? And I STILL have nerve issues!

Breast Implant Revision with Lift

I am SO sorry to hear about your unhappy feelings about the results of your surgery one year later. You must know that entering into revision is a careful practice, especially if you are having nerve issues, as you would not want that to get any worse. I would definitely say, that I hope the sagging issue is because you did not receive a lift with your implants the first time.For women with moderate to severe breast sag, a breast lift (mastopexy) may be recommended to ensure the best result and longest lasting result, so this would certainly be helpful if it was not done before. Failing to have a breast lift when necessary will only lead to a less than ideal result leaving the patient unhappy and needing a revision surgery. A larger breast implant can help lift the breast, but the low hanging breast tissue will still be present causing a disconnect between the implant and breast tissue located at the bottom of the breast. I will post my video here for you with some info about shaped implants and what that might do to help you research a revision. Best of luck

Breast Augmentation

If you are looking for more upper pole fullness, a shaped device should not be recommended. Similarly, placing the implant beneath the muscle would further diminish that full look. Consult with your surgeon as to the projection of the implant. If a moderate plus was used, conversion to a high profile device may give you the look you want. Typically a revision fee is charged but I recommend a candid discussion with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Not happy with results

I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your prior breast augmentation surgery. Each office will have their own policies about revisions and, in my opinion, should be delineated to the patient before you ever operate for the first time. Having said that, without photos to compare to without clothing on, it's impossible to make any comments about whether or not just another implant, adjustment of the pocket, or a breast lift will be necessary to accomplish your goals. I would recommend you go back to your operating plastic surgeon and have a nonconfrontational discussion about your situation. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

What are my options for revision?

Thank you for your question and photos.  No online reviewer can make a diagnosis or treatment recommendation without an examination and full medical history.  Given what you have experienced I would recommend an in person exam by an experience plastic surgeon as the best option to determine if one’s tissue laxity plus implant will or will not deliver the result desired.  I would start with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon