What's the best non surgical way to tackle sagging skin around the cheek/neck area and make it tighter?

Non-surgical options to treat sagging skin around cheek/neck

I would not say there is one best non-surgical method to improve sagging skin around the cheek and neck area.  There are several potential options.  Ultherapy can produce some subtle lifting and tightening in these areas.  There are also some radio frequency devices that can produce lifting and tightening of the lower face and neck.  Sometimes, fillers can be used to help as well.  An examination, or at least photos of you, would be needed to give you more specific advice.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Many Options Available

Sagging skin under the cheek/neck can be unsightly and is a common concern I treat among patients. For your case, based on the limited information provided, I can suggest some potential procedures that will diminish the appearance of sagging skin and even reduce the rate of recurrence.

My recommendation: Silhouette Thread Lift. This sounds like the best option for what you're looking for, and is very easy to perform with minimal downtime. Created to address sagging cheeks and jaws, this lifting technique literally leaves the face with non-absorbable stitches. I would insist on finding a doctor who is experienced, as this technique - while delivering fantastic results - can have complications if not performed by a skilled practitioner. 

Chemical Peels: when repeated 3-5 times in 2-4 week intervals, peels can certainly lesson the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles under the eyes - especially if such imperfections are minimal.

Botox/Fillers: Increasingly popular among youthful audiences due to what some are calling "preventative botox", these methods have the potential to actually decrease your chances of needing further corrective procedures in the future. Botox Cosmetic is a brand of neuromodulator (other brands include Dysport® and Xeomin®). These treatments work by causing facial muscles to relax temporarily. Unlike Botox, fillers don’t relax facial muscles, but instead work to fill creases and “plump” the skin.

Lasers: Fractional resurfacing lasers offer significant skin improvements with little to no downtime. Compared to traditional resurfacing lasers that target the entire skin surface, fractional devices only target small areas of the skin (in your case - under the eyes).

Platelet Rich Plasma Injections (PRP): In my opinion, this is one of the most unique procedures available in that we use the patients own blood to reverse the signs of aging. For PRP injections, we draw blood from the patient and use a process known as centrifugation to pull the plasma and platelets from the blood. The concentrated plasma is then reintroduced to the patients 'problem areas' via injection directly to the site. Not only does the gelatin-like mixture fill the fine lines and wrinkles, but the plasma also stimulates stem cells while reactivating collagen production to give the skin a youthful, plump look. Results are immediate and actually continue to smooth the skin for lasting improvement. PRP is great for younger candidates due to increased chance of acceptance/absorption of the plasma.

In any case, ask your doctor about the options available to you as there are a great deal of procedures that can assist in the dissipation of wrinkles, sagging skin and fine lines.

In good health,

Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician