Sweat pours down my face, wets my hair and runs my make up. Can Botox injections stop this?

Sweat pours down my face wets my hair runs my make up. Can Botox injections stop this? It is sooo embarrassing!

Sweat

Sweating can be miserable.  The first step is to make sure there is no medical treatment that needs addressed.  There are some cosmetics that help. Robinul is a pill that often helps.  When localized, Botox injections are my favorite. 

Fort Smith Dermatologist

Excess Sweating

Hello.  Botox is an option for excessive sweating (known medically as hyperhidrosis).  

Hope this is helpful.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excessive scalp sweating - Botox

Botox can indeed be a very effective treatment for hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating in pretty much any location. Other treatment options include pills and strong topical antiperspirants. Best to chat with your dermatologist to review treatment options and to ensure no underlying cause for this (e.g. diabetes, thyroid problems, etc).

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for sweating

It's been used for this problem before. See an experienced injector and find out if it's a solution for you.

Thank you for your question!

Kate Ross, MD

Kate Ross, MD
Bradenton Dermatologic Surgeon

It would be considered an off-label use as it has been approved for excessive sweating in the armpits, hands and feet but it will also work on the sweat glands on your scalp

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox Injections Can Be Used to Help Excessive Facial Sweating

Thank you for your question. Many people experience excessive facial sweating, where Botox can certainly improve this condition. Please seek a board certified dermatologist who can give you a proper diagnosis. Best, Dr. Ariel Ostad.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Botox for sweating

Botox injections are a great treatment for excessive sweating of the scalp.  If you are also sweating from the forehead, botox injections can also help but you need to be aware of the effect on your muscle movement.  See an experience cosmetic dermatologist or other board certified cosmetic physician who understands both excess sweating and facial anatomy.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Facial and Scalp sweating treatments

Excessive facial and scalp sweating is very common. If there are no other reasons for it, then Botox can be used to decrease sweat. The key is to have an experienced doctor assess you as these treatments are not as easy as some of the other Botox treatments.
I hope that helps

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Facial Sweating

This is a common complaint and can be treated with botox, please find someone experienced.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Craniofacial Hyperhidrosis - treatment options

You have craniofacial hyperhidrosis.

I established a hyperhidrosis clinic in 1999 and have written a book about craniofacial hyperhidrosis that is FREE access and available on my website (see link beow).

Topicals are not recommended on the face or scalp.

There are natural supplements called Hyperhidrosis Fighter.

There are anticholinergics via prescription that will help (may help).

If all else fails, Botox is great. 

Sympathectomy is he very last option for treating this condition in 2015.