Juvederm didn't work. What are my options to fix these lines? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 7
Options for facial aging
In your photos, you appear to have a fairly thin face. One of the few down sides of being thin and fit in some individuals is that the face may appear especially thin. This results in increased prominence of lines, folds, and wrinkles. Although it is true that Juvederm will likely be inadequate in addressing your concerns completely, it would certainly improve the prominence of your lines and wrinkles. However, because you are quite deficient in overall facial volume, you will likely need to be supplemented with some additional volumizers such as Voluma. As I'm sure you are aware, HA fillers are eventually metabolized and broken down by the body, and so repeat treatments become necessary.
An alternative solution would be to harvest fat from your own body and carefully place it in the areas of volume deficiency. You are correct however that results of the fat grafting would be maximized if the loose and redundant tissue were lifted as well. So yes, you would also benefit from a facelift.
Discussion with a plastic surgeon who specializes in facial rejuvenation would be greatly beneficial. I've attached a link on fat injection, but I would encourage you to explore the pages on facelift and fillers as well.
Juvederm didn't work - what next
- Your photos suggest that you have very little facial fat and sun damaged skin.
- correcting your skin will not fill out your face but will improve your appearance - prescription creams of tretinion, gycolic and sun block are the basis of it.
- For your face, one syringe of filler would not be effective - because you need a great deal of facial fill.
- You might consider a face lift combined with extensive fat injections.
- Or you can consider only fat or other long-lasting injections, of which my preferences are Voluma and Radiesse.
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.
Juvederm didn't work. What are my options to fix these lines?
You might also like...
Facial Lipoatrophy and Treatment
Replacing Lost Volume
Thank you for providing the photographs. You are an excellent candidate for a facial filler. However, I would use Juvederm Voluma into the cheek areas. It would give your face the volume that you need and an instant lift. Just filling in the lines about the face with Juvederm would not be the correct fix for you. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial injections such as Voluma for the best cosmetic results.