I feel deformed, is this normal? (photos)

Explant and lift on same day! I feel deformed now, very depressing, I ruined my body..do I have any options, I know the aerola will no grow but everything else looks bad too, I feel hopeless and feel like the doctor did a lift for no reason, he just say I didn't have nothing to work with, but why cut my aerola like this and scars so uneven ?

I feel deformed After breast implant removal: is this normal?

I'm sorry to hear about her concerns after breast implant removal  surgery. Your  photographs do seem to demonstrate a "normal" outcome for patients who have undergone breast implant removal/lifting surgery.  Although challenging, it will be in your best interests to continue to exercise patience; do not be surprised if your outcome looks much better several months to a year from now. At that point, if you remain concerned, additional surgery will likely be helpful when it comes to addressing your concerns. Best wishes.

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - is this normal?

I'm sorry for the way you feel and for what you've experienced.

Removing implants requires the same sort of in-depth discussion as with any other procedure, and particularly since so much volume is being removed.

But based on that and your photo, it appears that your surgeon was justified in adding the lift to your implant removal.  It did not necessarily have to be done all at the same time - but the staged approach would have meant at least one more procedure for you if you weren't happy with your appearance.

At this point - ie, very early in your recovery - I would give your body a chance to heal and remain in contact with your own PS.  If you have any hesitations, seek additional consultation(s) with board certified plastic surgeons near you.

You may eventually want to have small implants inserted, a scar revision, both - or, hopefully, none of the above.  Once your healing has progressed a bit more you may be happy with what was done.  That, of course, would be the simplest outcome.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf500

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE

Removing your implants and performing a mastopexy without implants was a wise option in terms of lowering the complication rate.  After the scars have matured and softened,you can reinsert implants.

if severe capsular contracture was a contributing factor in your original deformity, you will have a high risk of recurrent contracture. If this is the case, the use of acellular dermal grafts may offer hope.

Luis Villar, MD, FACS

Explant and lift - now I am depressed

Thank you for your question about your breast explant and lift.
  • Your surgery appears to have been recent - and things will improve.
  • Your appearance is much more flattering than before with a severe capsular contracture.
  • Give yourself time to heal and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Reshape with new implants

Performing a new implant procedure would be a good choice.

During the breast implant procedure a scar revision should be done also.

Together  you will achieve a good result, your breasts will be reshaped and you will feel good.

Please consult with an experienced plastic surgeon.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Explant and Lift

In general, I do not do a breast lift at the same setting as an explant.  The breast will change as they heal, and many times the skin will take up the slack so a lift may or may not be needed.  Express your concerns to your plastic surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I feel deformed, is this normal?

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  I'm not sure how far along from surgery you are but revision can usually be considered at least 3 months after surgery.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS