Is it possible for my abdominal area to be restructured after a nearly 8 year botched hernia repair.

I have been struggling with dealing with my stomach protruding following a botched surgery performed by a military doctor nearly 8 years ago. I was informed I would initially qualify for a tummy tuck once I recovered from the hernia repair. However, it never happened. So, I am attempting to fix my defect. Is it possible I can get it repaired? I have attached pictures to give you some idea of my struggles.

Tummy Tuck Following Hernia Repair

It is common for patients to seek abdominal contouring after previous abdominal surgery.  You would need a consultation with a plastic surgeon to confirm this, of course, and to determine your suitability for a tummy tuck.  Obtain several consultations from board-certified plastic surgeons and make certain you are well informed of the risks and benefits before proceeding.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Hernia after abdominal surgery

I think you would be an excellent candidate, am familiar with the Lawton area and believe you can find some excellent plastic surgeons in Oklahoma City . Keep your weight down and seek several opinions with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after hernia repair

Hi.  Yes!  You are definitely a candidate for tummy tuck surgery.  It will get rid of your indented scars and make your tummy look much more flat.  You should meet with a plastic surgeon to discuss the options.   I would be happy to consult with you if you like.  Best of luck!

Jonathan Heistein, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

TT after hernia repaired

Dear ladylttleshyThank you for posting pictures with your question. Yes you defiantly are a great candidate for a tummy tuck. This procedure would remove the vertical scar and replaced it with a horizontal low scar easy to hide with the underwear. At the same time you would benefit from a muscle repair which would reinforce the abdominal wall. Best wishes

Kelvin Eusebio, MD