Swelling After Rhinoplasty
Swelling after rhinoplasty surgery is to be expected and is normal. The amount of swelling that occurs is based on how extensive the surgery was, the technique used, etc. However, if you are concerned about the amount of swelling, it would be best to consult your surgeon about this issue.
Delaying swelling after rhinoplasty
Thank you for your question.It
is normal to have swelling after a rhinoplasty and this can migrate to the
eyes.This swelling can increase after a
few days to a week after surgery before it starts to subside.Since she is still early, I suspect this is
normal, but it is always best to let your surgeon know if you have any concerns
after surgery. I recommend keeping your head elevated and sleeping on your back
to help reduce the swelling.I hope that
Swelling after rhinoplasty
It is quite common for patients to have swelling after a rhinoplasty. It can take several weeks for the facial swelling to subside. The nose will take a long time sometimes a year or more.
Early post op, some advices:
Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-
How much swelling to expect after rhinoplasty
Swelling in the days after any surgery is common. As you change body position, the swelling likes to follow gravity, so it makes sense that lying on one side would produce swelling on that side. The good thing is that swelling without redness,warmth, and pain can be easily managed. Here are some helpful strategies.
- Ice 10 mins on and 10 mins off. Please be careful when icing the operative site. It may be numb and at risk for frostbite without pain.
- Walking every hour will improve the body's circulation.
- Elevating the body part above the heart. I tell my rhinoplasty patients to sleep in a recliner chair or on 3-4 pillows.
- Avoiding salt (
Swelling after a rhinoplasty
This type of swelling is normal and elevation and cool compresses are the best treatment. It will improve over the next week.
Swelling after rhinoplasty
Delayed or appropriate swelling is normal. It takes about 48-72 hours for maximal swelling even with ice packs etc. I have my anesthesiologist give steroids at the start of surgery which does tend to help. The good thing is the swelling is markedly improved by day 5-6. If concerned speak to your plastic surgeon and follow his /her advice. Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton
Seeking after rhinoplasty
It is very common for swelling of the nose to occur within the first year after rhinoplasty. In the early phases of healing you will notice that swelling fluctuates from side to side. This is irrespective of the surgery and generally occurs because of lymphatic drainage that is different from one side to the next. Certainly sleeping on one side will cause more dependent swelling and bruising to that side. I recommend having patients sleep in a recliner, keep ice cold packs on the eyes and keep the head elevated to a 45° Angle while in early phases of healing. By one week 50% of the swelling is gone and by two weeks 80% of the swelling is gone. The remaining 20% can take months to disappear. I hope this helps.
Delayed swelling after rhinoplasty
With most cosmetic surgery, including rhinoplasty, swelling does tend to increase over the first few days after surgery. Cooling packs can help as well as keeping the head elevated above the chest as much as possible. The swelling normally will begin to improve within a week of the surgery but it can take months for all of the swelling to resolve.