Am I a good candidate for liposuction for my thighs and have them reshaped? (photos)

How can I get better looking body/ legs.

Liposuction of the thighs

Thank you for adding your photographs. It appears, from the last photo, that you are storing a lot more fat on your thighs and lower body than your upper body - the mismatch of fat distribution is called lipodystrophy. My preliminary impression is that you will benefit from liposuction to achieve a more balanced shape. Other factors such as the appearance of loose skin, and weight loss need to be addressed.  Please consult with a board-certified dermatologic surgeon or plastic surgeon experienced in liposuction for a detailed evaluation and recommendation.

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

you are a great candidate for 360 degrees liposuction of the legs, calves, buttock. I suggest you see an expert as this area needs meticulous sculpting for improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Am I a good candidate for liposuction for my thighs and have them reshaped?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction - will it help my thighs?

Thank you for asking about your thigh liposuction.

• This is a difficult question - and an exam will help you more than an opinion based on photos.
  • Your upper thighs do carry a lot of weight - especially in the front.
  • And a small cannula liposuction can reduce them with the best possible result -
  • The question is how much loose skin will it leave and if it will make the irregular skin worse.
  • An exam and discussion is needed to give you good advice.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination it appears that you have some loose skin around each of your thighs.  If liposuction is performed to reshape them it may leave you with a worsened skin appearance.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, they can offer you the best treatment options