I had Botox in my crows and forehead. Since then my scalp spasms and my jaw is weak. Did it migrate?

My scalp is weak and spasms. If I I touch the spasm in my scalp my face looks more even. Also my jaw is weak and looks wider. It looks like the Botox migrated. Help!

Did Botox Migrate?

Thank you very much for your question. Without an in-person examination, it is hard to tell say if your issues are due to migrating Botox. However, I would advise you to contact your Botox provider with your concerns and to schedule a follow-up appointment.

Botox migration

This would be a very odd side effect if from Botox.  It is best to go back to your treating provider and discuss your concerns.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Thanks for your query. I don’t think your Botox has migrated. After Botox you feel stretched out . For more info you can attach a picture. You should show it to your injector if you have queries. Hope it helps

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Did Botox Migrate?

Hi and thank you for sharing your concern! What you are describing is quite unexpected and can or cannot be related to your Botox injection. The best thing to do is to go back to your doctor for a reevaluation and getting his opinion as it is very hard to give any advice without seeing you in person and examination and comparing before and after pictures. Saying that, Botox injection needs to be done by an experienced physician, well  familiar with anatomy of the face and its nerve and muscles. Good luck!

Elham Jafari, MD
Irvine Physician

Botox response

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Botox can sometimes migrate to nearby muscles, but one more thing to keep in mind is sometimes when a muscle is made weaker from Botox, other muscles over-activate in response. For example sometimes Botox treatment in the glabellar area (mid-forehead) can lead to over-activation of the outer brow area. Your treating provider should be able to help more specifically in your case. Take care!

Omar K. Ozgur, MD
Mission Viejo Oculoplastic Surgeon

Unusual experience with Botox

Sorry to hear of your problem. Your issues may be related to the Botox injections or coincidental. You should follow up with your doctor.  Good luck,

Botox and Migration

If it appears that Botox has migrated you should return to your treating physician for examination.  It is important to consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green