Does this look normal ? 4 days after under muscle implants. (photos)

Thank you for the question and photo. In general you can have bruising post breast augmentation. If there is swelling Ang more extensive bruising I would be concerned about a hematoma. It is best to have your board certified plastic surgeon examine you. Good luck.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Post Op Bruising

Some patients are more prone to bruising than others and after a few days this will begin to work it's way to the surface of your skin and become visible before resolving by roughly 14 days. If you note increasing pressure/pain along with new bruising- contact your Plastic Surgeon right away.

All the best

Post Op Bruising

All the best

Does this look normal ? 4 days after under muscle implants.

It looks like you have symmetric bruising which can happen from this operation. If it is getting worse then you want to make sure you see your surgeon. 

Normal bruising after breast augmentation?

Bruising can happen after breast augmentation.  We do not see the whole of your breasts so your surgeon is best prepared to answer.  In general bruising of the type you show will resolve without problems, but it is best to be seen in person to get an answer. Best wishes.

Bruising after breast augmentation

Significant bruising following breast augmentation is uncommon.  However some patients are more prone to bruising with an even greater amount than you are experiencing. It should only be worrisome if one breast becomes significantly larger than the other indicating that you are developing a true hematoma or bleeding within the breast. Based upon your photograph, there is no evidence of this. I would encourage you to continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and you will likely see this resolve over the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the question and good luck.

Bruising after breast augmentation

4 days after submuscular implants

Thank you for your question and photo.  Yes, it can happen, some patient's bruise more than others , and some don't bruise at all, it just varies.  Keep up with your post op visits and continued use of a compression bra.  

4 days after submuscular implants

Bruising after BAM

Hi rgw

The bruising you are noting is not all that common but it isn't a sign of anything wrong at all.  Humbly, I would tell you that I almost never get bruising with this procedure.  However, there are times when bruising (even worse) like this occurs. 

As long as you are not experiencing signs and symptoms of a hematoma (active bleeding with expanding breast, pressure, and pain), it should be fine.  Just keep in tough with your doctor.

Se

Bruising after BAM

Hi rgw

Se

Breast augmentation result

This is very typical bruising from having the muscles released for the submuscular placement of your implants. If any question check in with your surgeon. Good luck.

Breast augmentation result

Does this look normal ? 4 days after under muscle implants

This looks like bruising but it is best to check with your own surgeon so they are aware of what is going on. 

Bruising after submuscular breast implants

Bruising along the lower portion of the breast extending onto the sternum (breastbone) is not uncommon. As long as the breasts are soft and there are no significant size differences, then I would not be too concerned. You might want to consider using an arnica cream to help with resolving the bruising a little more quickly.

Always make sure your surgeon is aware of your concerns.