Nasal hump permanent after rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am 9 days post op septorhinoplasty. I had a severely deviated septum and a hump on the right side of my nose. My surgeon originally planned on rasping dos the hump but ended up breaking it. He seemed very confident in how well it would turn out. I was very pleased in the beginning because the hump was clearly gone and I had a "dip" on my nasal bone. Now that my lower nose is a lot less swollen it seems that you can see a slight hump on my nose. Is this just swelling and callus or is this bone?

Nasal swelling

At 9 days post-operatively, you are very likely still experiencing swelling that will evolve with time. Try to remain patient, as you should see improvement over then next few months. Be sure to follow-up regularly with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Good luck!

Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Remaining bump after rhinoplasty

At 9 days following rhinoplasty not a lot can be said with confidence about the shape of a nose. Unfortunately rhinoplasty is a bit of a waiting game. I tell my patients 6 weeks is a good time to take stock of the results as the great majority of the swelling has receded my then in most noses.

Nasal hump permanent after rhinoplasty?

The small bump that is present on your profile photo is likely due to swelling. You will have a much better idea 3-6 months post op but I don't see any reason for concern at this point. Best.
Stephen Weber MD, FACSDenver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative Rhinoplasty Concerns

You likely have normal soft tissue swelling and fullness of the nasal bone due to callus formation. Nasal bone healing for full recovery with the reduction of the callus may take 6-12 months. Be patient and follow up with your surgeon for standard post operative care. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon