Is it safe to remove a birthmark behind my ear? And how much would it cost?

I have something behind my ear that i got at a very yound age. it's something genetic. My grandmother had one on her back but i have it behind my ear. I don't know what it is but it's like a round squishy thing. I really hate it and get selfconcious because i want to cut my hair very short like a pixie haircut and when i put my hair in a ponytail i mamage to hide it...

Birthmark Removal

Thank you for your inquiry. Judging from your description of the birthmark, it should be very easily removed with a minor surgery excision. A clinical assessment is necessary of course, to determine exactly what type of excision you require. I would advise a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for best aesthetic results. Best of Luck!

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist that can evaluate you mole and offer treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer.

Is it safe to remove birthmark behind ear?

An examination or at least photos of you would be needed to determine if the lesion behind your ear could be removed.  From your description, it sounds as if it could be removed with a minor surgical procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon