Is my Tummy Tuck botched? (photos)

Had TT, MR lipo and small hernia repair October 17. I feel it looks not the way it should at 5 weeks post op. 2lb was taken off the below the belly button. My belly button looks elongated and wrinkly. Am I right? I know there's swelling but if I'm right, what needs to be done? And at who's cost?

Tummy Tuck Healing.

Thank you for your inquiry. Im sorry to hear about your concerns. There is no need to worry. From the photo you provided, your stomach looks great. There is still swelling which is completely normal. Make sure you wear your compression garment and attend all your follow up appointments. Your plastic surgeon will advise and give you post up healing and recovery instructions. If your belly button issues still bother you once completely healed, it is very easily corrected, but you must be patient. Always consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for best results. Regards.

Unhappy with tummy tuck

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck healing.

Your photo looks fine for 5 weeks after surgery.
It will take up to 6 months, at times longer to see your final result.
Let your surgeon know of your concern and be patient.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck results appear to be within acceptable parameters

Looks like you are healing well. There appears to be slight asymmetry. Your belly button is on the road to an acceptable result. It takes time to heal from an abdominoplasty tummy tuck with liposuction. Scar fade or Silogen may be helpful for visible wounds. See your plastic surgeon, review your pre procedure photos and give it more time to heal.

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck five weeks

A surgeon would need a preoperative photo to compare with before offering any assessment of present result. Be patient and follow up with your surgeon. 

In my practice I would consider surgically revising something if I felt it could and should be reliably improved. Even if surgeon"s fees are waived there would still be facility and ancillary expenses to be borne by the patient. 

Atul Kesarwani, MD, FRCSC

Is my Tummy Tuck botched?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after tummy tuck surgery but online consultants will not be able to provide you with a meaningful assessment without viewing before and ( better quality) after photographs. Remember, that at 5 weeks out of tummy tuck surgery, you are not seeing the final outcome;  you may be more pleased in the longer term. I would suggest that you follow-up with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns/questions directly; he/she will be in the best position to provide you with more accurate information... Best wishes.

TT botched?

This would be difficult to answer without some before photos and a current photo that shows the entire abdomen. I can say that I see nothing troublesome in the posted picture, but the area of the navel would need some enlargement to be able to see any sort of problem.

Fees for revisions of surgery are different in different offices.  What I might offer has no bearing on what your own surgeon has an office policy. 

All the best.