Are there any PHYSICIANS who perform coolsculpting and not just technicians? (photos)

I have now visited three physician's offices who perform coolsculpting on double chins. However in all instances their technicians perform the procedure. I didn't even meet the doctors. Are there any PHYSICIANS who themselves actually perform the procedure? As a retired physician, I am skeptical about allowing anyone except a plastic surgeon perform this procedure on me.
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Doctor Answers 4

Physicians do perform coolsculpting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I have attached a link that might be helpful...

Hi drjdanielle. Yes, physicians do perform Coolsculpting procedures.  I personally attended the Zeltiq/manufacturer's training program, Coolsculpting University, along with 5 other nurses and assistants in my office who I can be assured are meeting recommended guidelines for patient assessment, treatment and documentation. Good luck!

Are there physicians who perform CoolSculpting and not technicians?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Some physicians do perform CoolSculpting procedures, but you may need to check around to find those that do.  Alternatively, if you go to a location where the physician does not perform the procedure, you may need to request that the physician treat you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Physician CoolSculpting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Zeltiq the company that owns and operates the CoolSculpting brand designed the system specifically for the ability for physicians to delegate the treatment to lower level providers like medical aestheticians. The procedure does require that the treatment provider be well versed in the selection of and appropriate placement of the treatment applicators. For this reason Zeltiq operates an intensive training at their headquarters in California called CoolSculpting University. We are one of the largest CoolSculpting practices in the United States and have sent all three of our aestheticians to California for CoolSculpting University where they were taught the inns and outs of the technology and how to help patients get the best results from their treatments. If a physician asked me to deliver the treatment for them I may come down to oversee the process but truly our providers are excellent technicians when it comes to helping patients achieve efficacy safely.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 117 reviews

Are there any PHYSICIANS who perform coolsculpting and not just technicians?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. Yes there are physicians who perform the procedure. You may be able to ask the clinic if the physician can do it for you. Good luck. 


Martin Jugenburg, MD
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 521 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.