I turn 66 on May 20, 2016. I have always had a double-chin. It is getting very pronounced. How much does this cost? (Photo)

My now "wobbly" double-chin is causing me to look far older than my 66 years. Every photo I have made, I have to "hold up" my extra 'chins' in order for the picture to look fairly good. I would love to have cool-sculpting performed on my extra chin(s). Approximately how much does this cost and where is the nearest place to Laurens, SC, can I travel to have this procedure? Am willing to pay up to $2,000.00.

I have always had a double-chin. It is getting very pronounced. How much does this cost

Your picture totally covers up the area of your question. In general, aging in thiis area is caused by too much skin, fat and or loose muscle. the correct procedure is dertermined by what is actually wrong. At 65 you almost certainly have loose skin and may have extra fat. These issues can be taken care of with a neck lift for the best result or ThermiTight for an improvement but not as good as the surgery. CoolSculpting which removes fat will not tighten skin so you will improve one issue and perhaps make the loose skin even worse. So it is different but not better. This does not seem like a good use of your resources. Kybella is the same issues. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an opinion. Good luck. 

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I turn 66 on May 20, 2016. I have always had a double-chin. It is getting very pronounced. How much does this cost?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best. An in-person assessment is always best.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Double chin

Firstly, it's extremely hard to provide a proper consultation as the image you give us shows your chin covered by the hand.  It's looks like you could benefit from Ulthera and some liposcultpting.  Total cost in my office 3500$.  

Christopher Johnson, MD, MSc, FACS

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

It really looks like you are a candidate for neck lift however there are non invasive alternatives if you are unwilling to undergo surgery.  If you are a candidate for a lift the non invasive options will do very little so please consult someone with expertise.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Mini for Double Chin

Dear drjdanielle: 

Thanks for sharing a photo but it is difficult to interpret with your hand on your chin. 

CoolSculpting has designed a superb applicator for a non-surgical submental fat reduction called CoolMini. It is within your price range and may be performed once or if you wish more reduction twice. 

Only consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in surgical, non-surgical and minimally invasive option to examine you and provide the best unbiased recommendations for YOUR needs. 

Good luck with this!!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Coolmini for double chin

2 applications of the CoolMini would work in your budget. You might get loose skin afterwards. It's really hard to tell because the photo doesn't show the area well. Skin tightening procedures can be done for this however.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Double Chin and Cool mini

I would definitely consider the Cool mini to treat this area.  You will probably need two treatment sessions and the price is $1,000 per session.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

CoolsSculpting for chin.

Your photo cuts off the best angle of the soft tissue beneath your jawline.  We would definitely want to address the bulk of that fat with Cool Sculpt Mini applicators.  I think you would be looking at 3 or 4 applications minimum.  The biggest issue you will need to address is probable tissue laxity that will become more pronounced.  As much as I love our Mini on most patients I would not want to guarantee best results for only $2000.  It will take more.  I would recommend a second opinion from someone in your area who does traditional liposuction along with either a neck lift or RF tightening as I don't think CoolSculpting alone will address your concerns.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. One or two sessions of the CoolMini typically falls within your budget however pricing varies based on the number of sessions recommended. I would recommend an in person consultation to determine if you are a candidate.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chin coolsculpting cost

The cost for treating the chin area ranges from 800-1000 per treatment time. 

Often two treatments are recommended.  We have kybella as well the Cool Mini chin applicator.  My preference is to treat chin fat with the Cool Mini applicator.   There is much less down time.

In our office, we have had employees that have done a head to head comparison with Kybella and Coolsculpting, Kybella causing about two weeks of swelling and it is somewhat painful.