What type of breast lift will have the least amount of scarring? (photos)

I'm 26 years old and weigh 145lbs. I've always had saggy breasts and I'm currently a 34D. I'd like a breast lift without implants but I'm worried about. Wing a woman of color and the potential scarring that will be left behind. What type of breast lift would prevent horrible scars and what does recovery time, and pain look like for this procedure.

Breast Lift Scarring & Recovery

Many women who are considering breast lift surgery are concerned about scarring. Because there is no such thing as scarless surgery, using a scar treatment early in the healing process is highly recommended to achieve the best aesthetic result. Embrace Active Scar Defense is one great product that helps to minimize scars. It can be used for many different types of scars as it is available in three convenient sizes. Embrace is an active scar device that works by relieving scar tension, one of the most important contributing factors in scar development. It is the only product indicated by the FDA for hypertrophic and keloid scarring, and it has over 4.5 years of clinical research supporting its efficacy. Using Embrace for 8-10 weeks or longer has shown to benefit many patients and their scars. Using a silicone scar gel, such as bioCorneum+, once treatment with Embrace is complete has shown to yield the best results.

Recovery for breast lift patients ranges as all patients heal at their own pace. Most patients can return to work after about 1 week, but it is necessary to gradually increase your activity over the first 6 weeks. By 6 weeks, you should not have any activity restrictions. Following your board-certified plastic surgeon’s postoperative guidelines is very important to ensure you heal properly and are happy with your results.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Tuberous Breasts

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Breast lift types

It appears as though you'll need the lollipop or vertical lift.  The other ones are the periareolar or around the areola lift and the anchor lift.  The scars of the vertical lift go around the areolae and straight down.  I could show you better during a consultation.  However, we go over good scar therapy after surgery to help minimize any scars.

Thank you for your question!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Type of lift

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information and pictures as well!

I highly recommend to be evaluated in person with a Board certified plastic surgeon to talk abuot your goals and the better options for you, because sometimes we want types of lift that are not the best to have a better final results because we are scare about the scars! 

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift

You really need to be personally evaluated to assess the best option for you 

Also you  need to understand the resulting breast size you will have following a breast lift with out implant.  Not suggesting you should have an implant but you will be a smaller size with less fullness in the upper breast portion and you need to understand all aspects of the expected result 

Most importantly you should also consider the potential for future pregnancies and the significant effect this will have on your breasts and it may be better for you to postpone all breast surgery until you are finished having children.  Again another reason for a personalized consult

Good Luck 

J VOGEL, MD

James Vogel, MD

Breast lift

The breast lift with the smallest amount of scarring is the verticle," Lejour" breast lidt which leaves the patient with a scar around the areola and a verticle scar down the center of the breast- the so - called " Lollipop" scar. Miore importantly this technique, which is the exclusive one I have performed in my career, also leaves you with a better, fuller, shape of breast.

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift scr placement

Based on your photos the amount of lift that you need will require  minimum vertical, lollipop scar. It is very hard to predict whether you will develop hypertrophic or even keloid scar unless you have a clear history.  Slightly darker pigmented scars are typical for your skin type. In breast surgery of this kind it is usually a fair trade: shape for scar. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

The goal of a breast lift is to lift the breasts with the least amount of scars. I can often do this with a lollipop incision.   For some women if they want to go bigger, I can place an implant and only use an incision around the border of their areola.

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a wise pattern breast lift.  There are techniques which can be performed to minimize scarring.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for the question and photo. Your photo only shows the side view, but based on this, you would benefit from a vertical or full mastopexy. Both types of mastopexy procedures leave a scar around the nipple and a vertical line going down the middle. A full lift also includes a scar under the breast in the fold. 

Both are good options. If there is a lot of loose skin, a full lift would be recommended. If there is less, a vertical might be an acceptable alternative. An in person consultation would be best to make that decision. 

Be careful about bra cup size when there is some sagging. The bra does not discriminate between breast tissue and skin. Based on these photos you are smaller than a typical "D" cup. You might want to consider implants or possible some fat grafting for added volume. The nice advantage of breast fat grafting is the ability to target the fat into the breast where the volume is deficient. The drawback is that some of the fat does not survive the transfer ( about 60% of the fat is viable after transfer ) and that fat transfer does not create the added volume of an implant. 

There are many acceptable options for scar care in african american patients. The plastic surgeon you chose can go over those options with you in person.

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon