What can't I fix my uneven eye/eyelid? (Photos)

I have an uneven eye, I dont know what exactly needs to be done to fix it but I am will to try something. My left eye has always had problems I've had few (2-4) chalazion/stye removal procedures, one of which left a scar on my upper eyelid. The scar doesn't bother me but the unevenness does and so does the scleral show(from side view and front). It's just weird. Would I need both upper and lower eye treatment to fix this? I have dark circles too which will be taken care of afterwards .

The advice by the facial plastic surgeon that this can be corrected with blepharoplasty is incorrect.

You have bilateral anterior levator dehiscence.  There is a compensatory eyebrow elevation.  The left upper eyelid has a more advanced elevator dehiscence.  Simply removing skin does not fix this.  The tendon must be repaired to address this issue.  While a skin incision must be performed, very little skin should be removed.  The lower eyelid position would actually be worsened by tightening the lower eyelid.  I recommend finding an oculoplastic surgeon to assess your eyelids.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a regional directory on their website that can help you find a highly qualified oculoplastic surgeon close to home.

Thank you for your question. A Blepharoplasty (or eyelid surgery) procedure can address the appearance of uneven eyes, as well as remedy the dark circles. An in-person examination will indicate the extent of fatty tissue build-up that causes the uneven eye appearance. The dark circles under your eyes are most likely due to skin pigmentation. While fatty tissue contributes to skin pigmentation, bagginess or bulging of the lower eyelid can also influence the skin pigmentation there. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric upper eyelid surgery

The asymmetry in the upper lids can be corrected by performing a  conservative upper blepharoplasty with differential amounts of skin muscle and fat to make them more even.  The scleral show in the lower lids is treated with a canthoplasty by an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mild Left upper lid aponeurotic ptosis

Hi there. Greetings from the UK! You have a mild left upper eyelid ptosis on YOUR left. You can see that you have an elevated skin crease and your left upper eyelid is minimally lower. You'd benefit from seeing a local oculoplastic surgeon for him/ her to examine you properly as you may benefit from undergoing levator aponeurosis repair which is typically performed under local anaesthetic as a day case procedure. Best Wishes. David

David Cheung, MBChB, Bsc(Hons), FRCOphth
Birmingham Oculoplastic Surgeon