Do I need a revision surgery? It has been exactly 5 months since I had my gynecomastia surgery. Was flat after surgery (Photos)

I was flat after surgery and quickly put the compression vest on. I am over weight but have not gained any weight in the 5 months post surgery. I am very concerned. I feel full and that there is gland under the nipple area that was not removed. this concerns me tremendously. Why was I okay immediately after surgery but now suffer from this full feeling? I feel the same. Is this a hormonal issue? I do suffer from low T but nothing extreme. Could low T contribute this quickly regarding regrowth?

Gynecomastia

Without anything to compare to , it is hard to say. The best solution is to go see your surgeon to review your pre and post-op looks.

Do I need a revision surgery? It has been exactly 5 months since I had my gynecomastia surgery. Was flat after surgery

Judging by the photos along it appears that you have some residual tissue.

Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

When to Consider Gynecomastia Revision Surgery

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Gyno results

It looks like you could still have a little residual glandular tissue. An exam is really needed to be sure. I think that your healing should be nearly complete at this point. You should check in with your surgeon.

Gynecomastia

You need full evaluation for the recurrent gynecomastia.

A review of the before and after pictures. Review of the operative note to see what was done and a thorough physical examination. Discuss the findings with you and the options.

Residual gland

Thank you for the photos but need to know what type operation you had, liposuction or resection, and what you looked like prior to surgery.  It sounds and looks like you have residual gland that was not removed

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD