12 days post op. Why is my tummy still round? (Photo)

I am 12 days post op i had a tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo... Why is my tummy still round????

Roundness

At least two reasons. First is that you are still swollen and will see continued improvement in this over the next few months.

Also, you have a "sway-back" - a prominent curve in your lower back that tilts the pelvis forward and throws all of your "foundation" forward. Meaning your spine, your insides (guts!) and muscles all follow that curve as well. While your tummy skin can be tighter and smoother and the thickness of fat can be less, the rest of the components of your shape will remain unchanged and still "curve".

Your photos appear to show a nice result.

12 days post tummy tuck

HI and thanks for your question and posted photos. 12 days post op is really too early to judge any result, after tummy tuck the normal outcome is with swelling which increases days after surgery and gets better after around 6 weeks. Preop photos would help to compare your outcome.

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy round post op

It is haerd to say.I always tell my patients that we can only tighten your muscles so much.You also could have a seroma or fluid buildup.See what your surtgeon says.Blessings.Dr.Brueck

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

There a issues with your TT!   #1. Yu were a poor candidate because of your gh BMI and excess fat intra abdominally. Thus the result is seen, sorry. #2. use of a "clinica" at a fee that is less than the cost to do the operation! #3. Why did not your chosen operative surgeon explain the limited results you could have anticipated?