5 months post op with pocket of skin or fluid, right side above incision, won't go away. Can this be fixed? (Photo)

Full tummy tuck 5 months ago. Was not over weight. I'm 5'1" and weigh 125. Procedure was mostly done bc of extra skin. The right side of my abdomen above my incision has been more puffy and stuck out more almost like there is a pocket of fluid under the skin. My surgeon tried to drain it at 2 months post op and was unable to get any fluid. He said we will watch it and it can prob be fixed in office at 6 month follow up. There is more skin on this side when I sit down it hangs over just in that area.

Tummy Tuck - post surgery fluid

The way to deal with this issue called a seroma is to aspirate it with a needle.  If it keeps coming back then a drain needs to be placed.  If you really want to know if this is fluid, have your plastic surgeon send you for an ultrasound.  This however may not be a seroma..  You may just have a little bit more fat on one side.  If that is the case, liposuction of the abdomen about 6 months after the tummy tuck will solve most of these type of issues.  Best Wishes!!

Swelling after tummy tuck

Thanks for your post and pics.  It's difficult to tell what's wrong without seeing you in person.  It could be extra skin on one side or it could be a fluid pocket.  If it is a fluid pocket, it has likely become a "psuedobursa" by now.  That means the fluid collection gets surrounded by scar tissue.  Getting an ultrasound or just putting a needle into the area should help make the diagnosis.  Either way, you unfortunately need surgical revision to attain better symmetry.  

Pocket of Fluid?

After a #tummytuck surgery, #swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. 

For now, I would wait to see what your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon recommends as it is difficult for me to give you my diagnosis from photos alone.  

Best of luck.