Tummy Tuck or Lower Body Lift? (photo)

Had gastric sleeve surgery in November 2014, Breast Augmentation in December 2015. Now with a 100 lb weight loss or 70% of excess body weight loss I am highly interested in undergoing another surgery for removal of fat n excess skin to my abdomen area. I don't know if a tummy tuck or a lower body lift will be needed. Please tell me what will be best results for my situation. Thank you.

Tummy Tuck or Lower Body Lift?

Congratulations on your weight loss! Based on your photo- you  appear to be a great candidate for at least extended Abdominoplasty. You need a thorough physical exam to determine what surgical procedures are indicated specifically in your case.

TT or LBL?

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Unfortunately, with a frontal picture only, it is impossible to tell whether you would be a candidate for TT alone or a lower body lift.  Even with pics of your backside, without an exam in person, this can be difficult to determine.  Make sure you consult with a plastic surgeon who has experience doing body contouring after massive weight loss.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Lower Body Lift after weight loss?

Congratulations on your successful weight loss. Ultimately, which operation you should undergo will depend on what "body parts" you wish to address; in other words, the operation should be designed to treat your areas of concerns.

For example, as you mentioned in your question, if you wish to treat your abdominal wall area, then tummy tuck surgery will likely be indicated. If, on the hand, excess skin/adipose tissue of the flanks or back are of concern, then lower body lifting may be indicated.

Key will be: careful selection of plastic surgeon. Make sure that he/she is a board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate lots of examples achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Then communicate your goals carefully orking together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you think about options. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck or lower body lift?

Thanks for the question. While it is always difficult to evaluate by one picture I will say this:  most people that have lost 100 pounds will be a great candidate for a body lift. There is often a looseness posteriorly that cannot be addressed by liposuction alone. That being said, you need to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon with a proper consultation. 

Best results for your situation

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Tummy tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss, you can benefit from an extended tummy tuck it will give you a good result, consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Tummy Tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. Vistnes Plastic Surgery San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon