Lasik and Oral Steroid Combination Now Allowed?

i'm on low dose steroids ( prednisolone 10mg/ day) and while searching on the websites about lasik i read that lasik is not allowed in patients on prednisone but i read also that patients use steroids drops after the surgery.. so why the oral form is not allowed and if so for how long should i stop the drugs before the surgery ??

Oral steroids after LASIK

It's not true you can't take oral steroids after LASIK. That'll actually cut the risk of DLK which can happen after LASIK. I give all my LASEK patients oral steroids to prevent pain and scarring. Just tell your surgeon

New York Ophthalmologist

Oral steroids after LASIK

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

New York Ophthalmologist