Which Laser Treatment or Chemical Peel is Best for Me (Asian, mid-30s)?

I'm Asian and in my mid 30's. I have medium skin tone and I want to seek advice on what type of laser treatments or chemical peel(s)would suit me. My skin is damaged due to the sun, in addition of not taking care of my skin on a daily basis. My problems are uneven skin tone, sun damaged, freckles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and some large brown spots. Would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!!!

Doctor Answers 5

Sun damaged asian skin does great with a series of light chemical peels.

A series of 6 light chemical peels such as jessner's soln or 10% TCA at every 2-3 weeks does great for asian sun damaged skin and is easy to undergo for about 150-250 each.  sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Chemical peel for sun damage and acne scars on Asian skin

Based on your description I would suggest a series of modified Jessner's peels, such as the Vitalize peel. These are excellent for sun damage, scarring, hyperpigmentation and they can be done on all skin types with minimal downtime.

Dina D. Strachan, MD
New York Dermatologist
3.3 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Chemical Peels are versatile and effective

Chemical peels are definitely the way to go.  I would be most likely to consider TCA peels for you because of their ability to not only treat the superficial sun damage, but the deeper acne scarring as well.  You could start at a low strength then move up as needed to address the deeper issues.  Hope this helps!

Victoria W. Serralta, MD
Arlington Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

Which Laser Treatment or Chemical Peel is Best for Me (Asian, mid-30s)?

I agree with Dr Li the previous poster, in using a series of GLYCOLIC peels. I also might consider the VI peel system. As for lasers very many to chose from but the chemical peels will achieve a better result. From MIAMI, the "real" Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091

Darryl J. Blinski, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 173 reviews

Chemical peels for Asian skin

While we can never best recommendation without evaluate the patient person to person, I can give you some pointers based on my experience with Asian skin. Based on your age and your description of your skin, I think a serious of glycolic acid peels will be your best start point. It will improves all your symptoms to certain degree. After that, you can decide weather you need more treatment for specific issues.

Sherry Li, MD, PhD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.