I had laser hair removal on my underarms and it got red, itchy, and bumpy - What can I do?

What would it be from and what should I do?

Sensitive Skin

You may have sensitive skin. For the next couple of days be mindful of the types of deodorant you are using, until the skin has had time to recover. Also for the itching, you could use an over the counter hydrocortisone such as Aveeno Anti-Itch. I hope this helps, best of luck.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hydrocortizone for a few days.

Sometimes It happens to be red  right after the procedure but it goes away in a few minutes. You could use a little of a hydrocortizone over the counter for 2 days. That should help.

Laser Hair Removal

It is unusual to be itchy, etc, following laser hair removal. I t could be that you could be sensitive a gel used to cool the skin. That is one reason We prefer to use lasers with DCD (dynamic Cooling Devise in my Raleigh laser hair removal practice. The DCD sores a blast of cold air on the skin immediately prior to the laser pulse. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon