Laser and dermabrasion tattoo removal (Photo)

My doctor scheduled me for dermbrasion for the removal of my tattoo but after starting on the first letter he decided that the tattoo ink ka too deep so he lasered it with q switched nd yag and said that after two weeks that's the time we will resume the dermabrasion. Do you think one session laser will help in the demabration process

Laser and dermabrasion tattoo removal

We answered your wonderful question in the video above.

Please consult with an accredited, board certified surgeon. It is all about designing the perfect plan for you and your body!

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

Thank you for your question. Dermabrasion is not the best option for tattoo removal. You should find a surgeon with a laser specifically designed for tattoo removal. I suggest that you consult with a single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser and dermabrasion tattoo removal

Hello Jan Mark,

Dermabrasion is not usually performed for tattoo removal.  The reason is that the ink is usually deeper, and dermabrasion only takes off the top layer.  The exception can be amateur tattoos which frequently aren't placed as deeply.  In general, lasers are the better option for tattoo removal with fewer risks.  So to answer your question it would usually be recommended to continue with lasers as opposed to dermabrasion to help with your tattoo.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon