What would need to be done? (photos)

very insecure of the front of my nose and my left profile. I'm curious to know what type of procedure would need to be done specifically to were the left side compliments my face the way the right side does. Looking to schedule a consultation very soon.

Rhinoplasty

You are showing, and are probably concerned with, right and left oblique or three-quarter views, not profile views. Looking at your photos, they look roughly the same, with the exception of perhaps a little more supratip break on the side you like. You would need to sit down with a surgeon and be very specific about your likes and dislikes. Regardless, a rhinoplasty would definitely help in this regard. The specifics of such a surgery would be entirely dependent on the desired surgical result.  It all starts with a consultation where photos will be taken, analyzed with you, digitally altered to simulate potential results, and re-analyzed. The process is repeated until you and the surgeon are satisfied, and feel comfortable to move forward with surgery. Best of luck!

RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear joles97,  You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery to slightly refine your nose to balance nicely with your facial aesthetics. Straightening your nose, refining and slightly shortening the tip, with a reduction of the hump performed in an artistic manner with skilled hands will allow a very natural looking result that should complement your facial features nicely. Seek consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty, have imaging performed to show you the proposed changes, and review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. See examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to make your nose less pointy and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty and facial balance #plasticsurgery

In general terms, a rhinoplasty procedure to reduce the dorsal profile and refine the contours of the nose should create more harmony with your other facial features.

What Needs to Be Done to My Nose?

Nothing has to be done but after reviewing your pictures I suggest you consider removing the hump, straightening your nose including the septum, reducing the tip asymmetry, and possibly slightly shortening your nose. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist who will show you multiple examples of natural results in patients who had a nose like yours.  

Male rhinoplasty for the asymmetric nose.

Your asmmetry and irregularities can be corrected with hump removal, spreader grafts etc. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose noses look natural and not overdone. 

Rhinoplasty candidate for asymmetric nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making the nose more symmetrical and even. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which can be shaved down. This will also accomplish decreasing the projection of the nose. Osteotomies are required to straighten the bridge line. A spreader graft may also be required on the concave side in the midportion of the nose. Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure.

What would need to be done?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.  

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and technically how to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS 

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD