What do I need ?

I am going to get liposuction done in my arms, full stomach, waist, back, inner and back of my legs what type of stuff do I need to do before and after surgery ???

Pre and post liposuction protocol

I recommend in-office consultation to obtain medical history and physical examination. This will allow your surgeon to provide you details of your surgery, your options and limitation, recovery time, and answer all your questions.

Surgeons have different preoperative and also post operative protocols.  Experienced surgeons have used these for years and have fine tuned them along the way.  

Make sure you have a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in this procedure. Check her/his experience, credentials, reviews, before and after photos, and have a quality consultation.

It is preferred for your surgeon to be member of "American Society of Plastic Surgeons" and ideally member of "American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery". This means they have been evaluated by the society and recognized that the focus of their practice is high volume and quality, honest aesthetic plastic surgery and they adhere to a code of ethics.

Liposuction aftercare

Thank you for your question.  As every surgeon has their own uniqe set of post operative instruction, it is always best to  first consult with your operating surgeon with any questions you may have.  That being said, prreaping your home for when you return from surgery can be a wise decision.  With regards to food, things like soups, applesauce, smoothies, juices, and Gatorade are ideal things to eat the evening of surgery.  The main thing is to takethings easy the first few days after your procedure to allow yourself to truly heal.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Liposuction and Techniques -- SmartLipo Versus VASER Versus Traditional Versus WAL Versus ThermiRF

I strongly suggest if the surgeon or facility has not provided you with this information that you switch to a different provider who gives very detailed instructions as to what is needed pre/post procedure.  A hi defintion procedure of multiple areas requires a significant post operative protocol.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Preparing for liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

Please contact your surgeon's office for instructions on what, if anything, they want you to do before surgery.
These are some standard requirements:
  • no smoking of any kind
  • no drinking to excess
  • regular exercise
  • a healthy diet with fresh fruit and vegetables.
  • See if you surgeon agrees and has other ideas for you as well.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Large volume liposuction

This sounds like a lot of liposuction to do all at once - I would suggest going over this plan with your board certified plastic surgeon to be sure that all safety recommendations are being followed.  At that time, it would also be appropriate to discuss pre and post op recommendations.