I'm 6 weeks post op, will my breast even out? (photos)

Im 475cc on my right breast and 500 cc on my left. Once they settle in will they even out.

6 weeks post op

Thank you for your question.  It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for the implants to settle and even out, and it is very common to have some asymmetry during the healing processes.  
If you would like more information regarding breast augmentation and the recovery process you can download a free copy of my breast augmentation planner at aBetterBreast.com.

Best of luck to you!

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Your breasts appear to be settling well so far. At 6 weeks it is not uncommon to have some asymmetry and usually the breasts are fully settled and dropped by 6 months post op. Unless you have further concerns, I recommend that you try to hold off evaluating your results until then.
All the best

I'm 6 weeks post op, will my breast even out?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

Hi Christy,Thanks for your question and photos. The new photos certainly help. It seems that you have more upper pole fullness on the left side and that the right still needs to settle. I would encourage breast implant displacement exercises or massage to help the implants settle. Some patients settle sooner than others but otherwise, it is still within normal limits in terms of how your breast look. You should see a closer result to the final outcome at 3months. Good Luck! 

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#breastAugmentation #Boobjob

6 weeks post op breast augmentation

Hello, thank you for your inquiry and photos. It may take 3-6 months to see the final results and for your breast implants to even out. Be patient, and also I suggest my patients to do a massage on breast to help the implant go down so both are in its place. Sometimes it takes a bit longer for one breast to even out than the other. Best wishes! 

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and the photos. It is difficult to answer your question without seeing your preop photos to see what your breasts look like prior to procedure. Normally it takes implants 3-6 months to settle down. I would recommend to have a close follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Breast even out after settling.

Hello Christy and thank you for your question. At six weeks post-operation there is still some swelling that is happening in the breast, and we cannot tell their final shape until the 4-6 month mark when the implants should be fully settled. From what I can tell over the internet you have healed from the surgery nicely and will have a good final result. If you continue to have issues with asymmetric breasts and need it fixed, you will have to engage with your board certified plastic surgeon about revision surgery. Best regards.

Traci Temmen, MD