Uneven breasts. What are my options?

One is a D cup the other is about a B. It is very uncomfortable physically as bras do not fit well. I don't want to go bigger than the D cup, but I want them even. I may even want the bigger breast a little smaller and the smaller one bigger so they are even. What are my options?

Uneven Breasts

Thank you for your great question.

Breast asymmetry is much more common than what you may think!.  We see many patients with one or two cup size differences.  

You will have many options be based on your medical history and physical exam which will include the tissue type, location of nipple and areola, breast folds, type of asymmetry to name a few.  Best would be in-office evaluation to review your goals, pictures, and  operative plan.

The results are mostly dependent on surgeons expertise, experience, dedication, and artistic vision. This is why the results may be very different from one surgeon to another.

Make sure you have a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in this procedure. Check her/his experience, credentials, reviews, before and afters, and have a quality consultation.

It is preferred for your surgeon to be member of "American Society of Plastic Surgeons" and also member of "American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery". This means they have been evaluated by the society and recognized that the focus of their practice is high volume, honest, and high quality aesthetic plastic surgery.

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or a consultation. Generally speaking, a reduction or lift on one side and augmentation with implants for both will help you achieve more symmetrical breasts. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Uneven breasts. What are my options

from what you are describing a small breast reduction and lift on the larger side as well as a breast augmentation on the smaller side, all done together is what you likley would benefit from

Julio Garcia, MD

Symmetery

Based on what you want you have one choice only, which is to reduce the size and lift the larger breast and do a breast augmentation with the smaller breast.  This can be done but you need to realize that there is no way any surgery will make you perfectly symmetric, but rather would improve the asymmetry.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Ueven sized and, or, shaped breasts require treatment plan options provided at your consultation.

Greetings,

Your problem of uneven breasts is much more common than your might expect.  There is a whole spectrum of body asymmetries present among all of us.

There is no substitute for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your community with known experience performing cosmetic breast surgery. Without an examination and a discussion of your needs, it is not appropriate to speculate about your procedure options.

Breast implant(s) and, or, breast lift options may very well meet your needs and your plastic surgeon, who has consulted with you can best discuss these with you.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Breasts

Your options are many.  However, without an examination or at least photographs, no one can give you the best answer. One thing for sure is that if your surgeon is not an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon expert in revision surgery, then you should go on a few consultations with a few that are.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Asymmetric breasts

Thank you for your question. There are many different options depending on your goals. Pictures will help. May placing implant on smaller sided and reduce and  lift and match to other side. Please see a board certified PS for evaluation.

Uneven breasts. What are my options? = augmentation in one side alone could be an option #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

Asymmetric breast is a difficult problem address. If one breast is significantly smaller than the other, unilateral breast augmentation could help to address the problem ( placing only a  breast implant in the small side).

However, patients should be aware that the augmented breast may have a more prominent upper pole fullness than the non-augmented large breast.

In my practice, if a patient has significant breast asymmetry ( one side B cup and the other one D cup) I would highly recommend to augment only the smaller side with an anatomical breast implant ( a breast implant that looks like a tear drop rather the traditional round shape implant) to make sure both breast look symmetric in shape and upper pole fullness once the breast volume (size) has been matched in the augmentation. 

John Mesa, MD

Options with uneven breasts

It is not uncommon for a woma's breasts to be uneven, and there are options available to you depending on your anatomy and your goals. You should see a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and make recommendations fir you to consider. 

I hope this helps

Dr  Edwards

Options for uneven breasts

Because you want the larger one to be a little smaller, a breast lift on this side is in order, along with an implant to the smaller side.  I would recommend placing the implant above the muscle on the smaller side, as I feel that this would give you the best chance of symmetry for the long haul., not just immediately after surgery.