Do I have tuberous breasts? (Photo)

I have always felt like my breast were pointy and not rounded. Also what kind of procedure would I be looking at if I want to go get my breast augmentation

You do have tuberous breasts

and starting with this makes a perfect outcome unrealistic.  Augmentation can make your mounds larger with the risk of a double bubble and you'll likely need some kind of mastopexy to even out your areola and make them close to level (assuming they are not level now).  You do not have to break it up to 2 separate procedures but you must realize that revisions may be needed so know what your surgoeon's revision policy is before you start.

Questions and Answers about tuberous breasts

Thank you very much for your photographs and question regarding tuberous breasts. From your pictures it does appear that you do have the hallmarks of tuberous breasts: a narrow base, protruding breast tissue with a large nipple areola, and high folds. A breast augmentation would correct this, and probably some scoring (releasing tissues) of the inferior pole of your breasts. This will allow them to expand, round out, and accommodate the size implant that is placed. This is a very common operation; I highly recommend you see a Board Certified plastic surgeon to discuss the options for your procedure.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Hi Steph. You have a mild to moderate type of tuberous breasts and should be a fairly good candidate for a breast augmentation.

Other characteristics of tuberous breasts include:

1) Puffy or herniated areola.
2) Widely spaced breasts.
3) High breast fold.
4) Constricted lower pole or deficient tissue in lower part of the breast.
5) Minimal breast tissue.
6) Narrow base or small "footprint" of the breast.

For more information on breast implants, see the link below:

Best wishes awlays,

Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Do I have tuberous breasts?

You do exhibit some of the characteristics of a tuberous breast shape. If you desire augmentation then implants and a breast lift would be a great procedure for you. Often times I will perform the lift and augmentation separately. Often times with tuberous breast shape the final result is better if one separates the procedures. They can be done together and that is best determined by a direct physical exam. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast Augmentation and Lift

Hi, thanks so much for providing your pictures and for your inquiry. In your case I would recommend augmentation with the desired volume and a lift in order to enhance the shape of your breasts. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Hello Stephalf91,
Thanks for your question.
From what I can tell, it is my opinion that you have features of tuberous breasts.
If you want to improve this aesthetically, then a breast augmentation with mastopexy (breast lift) would be the appropriate procedure to help you.
Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about tuberous breast improvement surgery.
Take care,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Based solely on your photos, yes, you do appear to have certain qualities related to tuberous breasts. Schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person. In general, you would probably need a breast lift with an implant.
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Typically, breast augmentation with lift will help with various aspects of this issue.

Beverly Hills, CA

Tuberous breasts?

Thanks for the question. You do have a moderate form of tuberous or constricted breasts. Releasing the internal, constricted breast tissue, lowering the inferior breast fold and performing a donut mastopexy along with a breast implant will provide you with a terrific result. Best of luck!

Sean T. Lille, MD

Tuberous breast?

Thank you for your photos.  You do have several qualities of a tuberous breast.  The breast mound is tight and the pushing out the nipple and areola.  To improve the shape of the breast, you would require an implant and internal work to release the tight breast tissue as well as a skin tightening procedure.  You can expect a very nice outcome with this.  Best wishes.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon